Clearing Acne Naturally
Clear acne from the inside out
The common misconception that spots are caused by dirty skin or hormones alone just isn’t the case.
More often than not, it’s a sluggish digestive system, eating the wrong foods for your body and a build up of toxins that cause the unwanted outbreaks.
My top 7’s for clearing acne
1. Grains can clog up your intestines, blocking absorption and creating a toxic system. Toxic buildup can eventually be seen in your skin resulting in spots and acne.
2. Fruits and veggies we know are full of nutrients and antioxidants which are vital and also great for skin cell renewal. By adding fermented veggies will enhance the bacteria in your gut and as a consequence aid better digestion.
3. Give your digestive system a break! By swapping a meal a day for a juice you’re giving your intestines a well needed break which will allow old (sometimes undigested foods) to be eliminated more efficiently and easily absorbed nutrients.
4. Dairy and sugar are both highly mucus forming and inflammatory which can block you from vital vitamins and minerals ultimately compromising your immune system.
5. Good fats help to regulate your hormones which equals a happier you, assist digestion, energy, metabolism and will encourage glowing skin.
6. Magnesium is one of the most important minerals in the body, but we often don’t have enough of it. One of its main jobs is to breakdown undigested foods, fats, proteins and carbohydrates. It helps with moods, particularly depression as it’s a precursor for neurotransmitters like serotonin and can ease anxiety too. Zinc supports a healthy immune system and aids skin healing by regulating the activity of oil glands.
7. Tea Tree Oil has strong natural antibacterial properties, gently removing sebum excess, dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of its natural oils. (Only use if you’ve got oily skin). Castor oil is antimicrobial (prevents bacteria spreading), is anti-inflammatory and rich in fatty acids which can enhance the suppleness and texture of the skin.